Saturday, May 5, 2012

Teacher Appreciation week sweet treat ideas

My daughter's teachers listed jelly beans and dark chocolate with almonds as their favorite treats.  Rather than give them a boring candy bar or bag of beans, I thought I'd dress things up a bit.


Teacher Pills

Supplies:

Small jar with a lid (Target).  Try to get one with a smooth finish.

Candy filler

Shipping Labels (3 1/3 x 4 works well)

Publisher or other program to make labels and import clip art.










On the back of the jar, attach a fun label listing active ingredient, directions, uses and warnings.


Directions:  Turn your back to kids, shove into face

 
Active Ingredients……………………………….Jelly Bellies

Uses:  Temporarily relieves aches and pains due to: Whining, crying, pouting, drama, Mondays, Halloween, Christmas, Easter and the days following, separation anxiety, difficult parents, headache, paper cuts, field trips & conferences.

Warnings: Run and hide if symptoms persist.

I also added "Brought to you by the co-creators of (Insert child's name here)."


Here's what I did for the chocolate lover.  It's silly but fun and memorable.







These were easy to create in publisher.  I measured the candy bars and sized my document accordingly.  Next, I printed them off, cut them to size and ran them through the xyron.  I stacked 3 Godiva bars and wrapped them in plain white computer paper, placing the stickers/ label on either side. 



No comments:

Post a Comment