Friday, August 17, 2012

Shark Week!

My daughter has had a loose tooth forevvveeerrrr!  I kept expecting it to turn stark white and become a gaping hole any day but it has stayed the same since late May.

At about 4 AM this morning, she came into my room and was crying because her tooth hurt.  I assumed it was about to fall out as I stumbled out of bed to turn on the bathroom light.  She opened her mouth and what I saw definitely woke me up.  My daughter has shark teeth!  Not only had her loose tooth not fallen out, her permanent tooth had poked up waaayyy behind the baby tooth. 

I quickly recalled the years of braces that my husband and I went through and figured that if anyone was going to have kids with messed up teeth, it would be us.  As dollar signs flashed in front of my eyes, I turned to google which is  my expert on call medical opinion when my friend "Nurse Jenny" is asleep. Thank God!  Children turning into sharks are not only common but nothing to be worried about.  Luckily my dentist confirmed this a few hours later.  So, if you see this, calm down.  Now, if you see horns growing out of your child's head and it's the end of summer... I've heard this is also normal.  Cheers to September!

2 comments: